Jun12 - The final grade: grade2006
- Claims on the grade: June 13 (Tue)
Prof. Taekyoung Kwon, firstname.lastname@example.org
Building 301, Room 503
Jun11 - The final exam score(final)
Jun09 - Answer of the final exam: fin-exam2006.
Jun07 - Course evaluation period: Jun08 - Jun23.
See the announcement, "2006ÇÐ³âµµ Á¦1ÇÐ±â ÇÐºÎ Àü°ø±³°ú¸ñ °ÀÇ¼ö°¼Ò°¨Á¶»ç ½Ç½Ã".
Jun04 - You may refer the last year exam: fin-exam2005.
May31 - Lecture note #13 and #15-1 have been updated.
May30 - Final exam: June 8 (Thu)
May16 - No class on May 18(Thu) due to graduate admission
No class on May 23(Tue) due to international workshop
May01 - Lecture note #8 has been updated.
Apr27 - No class on May 9(Tue).
Apr24 - Check an answer of the mid-term and your score(final).
Apr18 - No class on Thursday, April 20
Apr11 - Course evaluation period: April 11 - April 25
Your participation will be counted as three attendances. See details.
Apr10 - Mid-term exam: chapter 1-6
10:30am, April 18, room 302-106
Apr05 - Lecture note #6 has been updated. Please download it again.
You may refer the last year exam: mid-exam2005.
Apr03 - Lecture note #5 and #6 have been updated.
Mar25 - Lecture note #4 "Transmission Media" has been updated.
Mar15 - Lecture note #3 "Data Transmission" has been updated.
Mar06 - The lecture notes are subject to change.
The final version will be uploaded after the class.
Mar02 - Authorization is required to get class materials.
Mar01 - Class Info
Time: Tue., Thr. 10:30 - 11:45am
Data communication deals with the transmission of signals in a reliable and efficient manner. Topics covered include signal transmission, signal encoding, interfacing, data link control, multiplexing, protocols and local area networks (LANs).
Data and Computer Communications, Seventh Edition by William Stallings, PRENTICE Hall
I. OVERVIEW Intro-slide
1. Data Communications and Networking Overview. slide (final)
2. Protocol Architecture. slide (final)
II. DATA COMMUNICATIONS
3. Data Transmission. slide (final)
4. Guided and Wireless Transmission. slide (final)
5. Signal Encoding Techniques. slide (final)
6. Digital Data Communication Techniques. slide (final)
7. Data Link Control. slide (final)
8. Multiplexing. slide (final)
9. Spread Spectrum.
III. WIDE AREA NETWORKS
10. Circuit Switching and Packet Switching. slide (May01)
11. Asynchronous Transfer Mode.
12. Routing in Switched Networks. slide1 (May11) slide2 (May15)
13. Congestion Control in Switched Data Networks. slide (final)
14. Cellular Wireless Networks.
IV. LOCAL AREA NETWORKS
15. Local Area Network Overview. slide1 (final) slide2 (May31)
16. High-Speed LANs.
17. Wireless LANs. slide (May31)
V. COMMUNICATIONS ARCHITECTURE AND PROTOCOLS (to be skipped)
18. Internetwork Protocols.
19. Internetwork Operation.
20. Transport Protocols.
21. Network Security.
22. Distributed Applications.
Mid, Final exams 2*45%